Thursday, October 10, 2013

people, me included, often talk about 'privacy' and that they don't want
to expose themselves to the internet or talk about how they feel. And yet I want
to keep the blog going because it is one way to connect to family and friends
 that live far away from me across the Atlantic.

a note to my family, my children, my wonderful friends who in spite of
  my continued silence keep checking on me hoping that I might jump back
 into creating. Alas, I am hopelessly caught up right now in my life feeling
 totally empty and unproductive with no incliniation to touch either a paint
brush or my formerly beloved digital photo editing software of which I have
 so many that they are half filling my desktop.

My husband has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. The key word
here is 'small cell'. Mestastasized. I need to keep my words to a minimum
 because for one thing I don't have words right now and for another
I am trying not to think. But I will try and find the courage to update my site
when I have the strength. The chemo he had last week went by almost uneventful.
 He was joking about it wondering if he had not been given a 'placebo'.....but
yesterday he was suddenly in agonizing pain and fell down or collapsed several
  times. Since then we have had various appointments and meetings with our
Cancer Center. Tomorrow there will be another Scan. I pray to God it is not in
 the bone. Anyway...... please no need to say anything. You can't. Nobody can,
because I don't know what to say back. I don't know much right now.
Love to you all, always.

4 comments:

diane.ca said...

Thanks for giving an update. Please remember you are in my thoughts and I send my best wishes to you and Mario.

DogArtist said...

I am always here and even though I rarely check blogs anymore I am going to try to be better about it! GASP* even post to my own.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers and my heart goes out to you. I miss your banter and creativity and most of all frankness and honesty.
Just hang in there. And keep posting. It is creative you know!? Not everyone in your life is overseas :D
You and Mario will beat this....
oxoxoxo

Scrappie Irene said...

Awww dear Sabina, you are in my thoughts. Take care and I hope Mario will beat this. Please keep us updated.
Big big hugs, Irene

Jeannette said...

Sending my thoughts, hugs and love your way!
xx Jeannette