Saturday, August 31, 2013

It has been almost six weeks since my surgery, my third total
 hip replacement on the same hip and hopefully this time is
 successful. It is still hard to judge. I will be seeing my surgeon
 this coming Thursday and only then will I have an idea about
 success (or not).

















Life is becoming easier as I go along. Each day
 I find a little relief - for example being able to finally get into the
 tub and have a shower without fear, walking more and more with
 just a cane and generally being more independent again. It's been
 a bad year for me so far with the fall and breaking my lower
vertebraes in January. I must admit that the pain of a broken
 vertebrae in the lower back is much worse than hip surgery.

But what really shocks me is the lack of interest I have since both
 the accident and now my hip surgery. With the exception of
checking my email, I am rarely using the computer and it saddens
 me because I loved waking up in the morning with impatience to
 start working on some digital art pages or writing and journaling.
 I seem to have lost my muse or my mojo. Whichever it is, I am most
 certainly not motivated at all.

7 comments:

diane.ca said...

Give yourself time to heal dear friend and I'm sure your creative self will reappear.

Maja said...

Cara Sabina, coraggio!
All'inizio è difficile, ma poi vedrai che con passare del tempo ti riprenderai.
Anch'io ho avuto due operazioni alla spina dorsale e ci è dovuto tanto tempo prima di riprendere tutte le mie attività...
Ti auguro buona e pronta guarigione e desidero di vedere i tuoi nuovi capolavori!
Bacioni, Maja

DogArtist said...

Like Maja said - courage is needed! I know you have it. And of course I await to see your 'masterpieces' as well...If Maja can endure two surgeries and come back and create - so can you!
You do sound as though things are working better for you. I am thinking of you - hugs and love my friend. <3

Jeannette said...

It does take time and like said above, you do need to give yourself that time. No matter how long it takes! It will come back to you, I'm sure! You first need to heal, physically, but maybe also a bit mentally. Then the world outside will become important again and so will your computer!
Take your time Sabina, still thinking of you!!

xx Jeannette

Scrappie Irene said...

Hi dear friend!
I hope you are feeling better and better every day! And what a timing to get a new kitchen, lol!
I guess in time your digi scrap mojo will return, but I love to see your art journal creations.
Hugs, Irene

Rosie Goins said...

I know what you mean about lack of interest in things. I had a total spinal fusion in June and was under anesthesia for 13 hours. I think that is probably the cause of my inability to concentrate for some weeks. It probably affected you the same way.

Hope you recover nicely and get back to your gorgeous creations.

Kait said...

I hope that you are well on your way to recovery and that you are able to have more mobility and less pain.