Friday, June 21, 2013

I seem to have meandered from working and creating digital pages to loving painting and working with real papers. It is amazing just how much this kind of hobby or passion can get hold of you. Time flies. However, since I have had the accident back in January my lifestyle has changed. Totally. My priorities are different, more focussed on living and less time on the computer. There are times when I think that having gone through so much pain that all this was for the better and I am grateful that once more I take the time to be conscious of a bird singing outside or even listening to the soft rustle of leaves or the wind blowing into my window.
(some pages are still left unfinished though I like to prepare them
with gesso for basis though I don't use gesso on each page, only really when
I know that I might be using inks and maybe a coat of paint.)



 











4 comments:

diane.ca said...

Very nice, you do beautiful work both by hand and digitally.

DogArtist said...

beautiful! That is one thing that we can be sure of in this life. Change. Things are always changing...

Jeannette said...

I love what you are creating here Sabina, but most of all I'm happy you notice the little things in life that can make us happy. I have trouble sleeping, I'm often awake at about half past 5 in the morning. Listening to the sound of the birds gives me great comfort and pleasure, but even the sound of the rain can comfort me. It's nature all around us and although people keep trying to controle nature, they still can't. Nature goes it's own way and is there for all of us. I love it!!!
Keep doing the things you want Sabina, the things that make you feel better, in peace with yourself and who you are!!
hugs Jeannette

pchickki said...

beautiful work!