Thursday, May 2, 2013

a few pages from what I call my 'Beginner's Journal'....I still have to add some bits and pieces here and there, but the general idea is there. I am getting bored and have to work on something else, hehe.....Some of these pages still need the 'finishing' touch, but the
idea is there....
I will be working on the cover soon and post it
here too. I think I like creating the actual covers more than the pages at times.
My next step will be to start a new journal, recording some of my travels
overseas or just messing around with mixed media and artsy stuff. Either
way I shall have fun.

You can see that I really 'played' with paints, experimenting with stencils or
creating my own, involving hours and hours of learning and finding out what
I prefer working with, what kind of media I cannot live without and what
style of journal I like. I have to admit that I keep coming back to Mary Ann Moss
and her wonderfully relaxed ways of working with papers, collage, ephemera
and of course paints, pens and everything else.























 




 




 





 






5 comments:

Balinda said...

I don't get along so well with paints but pens...oh how I love them! All of your pages are so wonderfully diverse. I am really drawn to the spring page. The color is restful to the eye and the vine is just the most perfect bit of dimension♥

Tracie Dean said...

I love the page with the vintage lady and the feather!! Gorgeous!

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

diane.ca said...

I love, love, love what you have done. I hope you had fun and it stired all of your creative juices.

Jeannette said...

I love what you are doing here! I need to check out Nary Ann Moss, I have no clue who she is and what she does. I've done a 365 project in 2010 and 2012. Loved it, a photo a day, but the journaling was more important for me. This year I started a kind of diary. Just writing about what happened and what I felt about it. Pfff, this is way harder then adding a photo and tell about it. I'm having a hard time keeping up with my journaling, simply cause it's so hard to tell about what things really mean to me. I think you will understand what I'm saying here!
Anyway, I do envy you for being able to write about your feelings and somehow finding out about what you like, what your style is, is so important. It makes whatever you do YOU!
I do hope I will get to that point one day too, I'm giving it my best!
Sorry for commenting to your post more about me then about you, but I think you can also understand that!
Hugs Jeannette

DogArtist said...

Just saw this! Been too busy for blogging lately but love how colorful this all is. I see how it can keep you involved!! :D