Thursday, March 28, 2013

Everything has a silver lining

Amidst the chaos of my life right now it feels just right looking at this page and bringing back sweet memories of one of the trips I made.

they say 'when it rains, it pours'.....and my life seems to be destined to flood at times. I wonder if someone up there is trying to tell me something? My husband was admitted to the hospital Monday evening after the family doctor had ordered him to check in at the ER. His sodium levels were dangerously low. And we do know that a family physician doesn't normally make calls to his patients unless it's urgent. Yesterday I took a taxi (the car is still in the ER parking lot) and against all odds I managed to walk down those long corridors in the new hospital without sitting down. See, that's great, isn't it? if I had not gone to the hospital, I would not know that I can do it and the fact that I did made me very proud and glad. Everything has a silver lining. I feel more sure of myself again, less fragile. I did it. I walked a loooong walk down a very long corridor. It's wonderful to feel that sense of independence coming back.

3 comments:

DogArtist said...

It is good to know that you are doing better!! And nice that I can read the blog to find out! Keep going my friend :D

diane.ca said...

Good for you I'm so glad that you are doing better and can see a silver lining during these worring times.

Jeannette said...

That's so good to here and I'm glad you can see the positive. I hope your husband is okay! Love your page, especially how the light comes through!
hugs Jeannette