Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 29 - Four whole weeks

 
Day 29 - Four whole weeks spent almost entirely on my back....that is,
out of my entire waking day I am off my back for about half an hour in all.
 When you are limited to this level, you start counting the minutes it takes
 you to brush your teeth or wash your face. Or walk to the kitchen to
 finish off the dishes i.e. two plates, a glass and perhaps a cup, knife and
 fork.
Yesterday I had my second shower in four weeks and washed my hair.
Of course I pay for it a few hours later by the increase in pain but
who cares? I am advancing and improving and God, am I glad or what?
I am totally delighted - if I stop to think about it. Four weeks ago I was
unable to even turn or move at all.....Now the walker is standing forlorn
 in a deserted corner - I am purposely ignoring it and limping along with
 the help of a cane. Me and my independence. No wonder 'someone up
there' is trying to tell me something.....!
 
Our youngest came to visit together with my little Victoria who took it all
in her stride. I am sure she does not like to see her Nana so helpless
 but I think I managed to convey my confidence over to her. I shall be
walking again.  

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my dear Sabina, you are such a trooper!!! I'm certain it was pure joy for you to have visitors. You have spread smiles near and far and now they are smiling back at you with well wishes. Keep moving forward, but indulge your body in the rest it needs.

diane.ca said...

I am so releived that you are feeling a tiny bit better. It must have felt so good to have your daughter and your darling Victoria to visit. Keep improving day by day is my wish for you.

DogArtist said...

I keep saying - wow. How difficult it must be. I could not imagine being so bound! I am sure the aches and the pain are trying for sure.
Glad Victoria did visit...that is good. Hang in there my friend. <3

Ellen said...

Yahooooo over you doing better and I figured out how to leave a message.
Keep it up girl, but do be careful.
Ellen

Jeannette said...

So it will be! You will walk again!! I'm sure that when a person is determined that person is half way there. You go for it Sabina, you live your life, be strong, be proud and love!
And always remember, especially when you feel lonesome, there are people who do care!!
hugs Jeannette

CarolW said...

Wow, two hair washes and showers in 4 weeks, you must feel like a queen. (: I am so glad to hear you say you will be walking again and getting better, if you believe, it will happen. I will be extra glad too, I miss talking about out projects and sending photos back and forth of our progress.

I think you are doing so well, and it's not as bad being closed in when it is winter. Keep up the good work, you are great.

Love you dear.
Carol

CarolW said...

Sabina, I went through all of your blos looking for the two pages you had done that I loved and want to copoy. I thought the date you did them was in November and one page had Ruby Rhynne's purple cat on it and I liked the page beside it too. I wanted to copy them to save so I could keep looking back at them. What happened to them?

Lynnise Bowman said...

Oh gosh, Sabina, I am so sorry, I knew you were bed ridden, but not sure why. What an awefull ordeal. I just recently got back to moving after a fall down the stairs in late Nov. took out my tail bone, it feels wonderful to be almost back to my old self, and I'm confident you will be there soon, big hugs, hun!

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing some better. You are so brave and continue to amaze me with your courage to just keep on going no matter what. God bless you!!!

Hugs

Janet

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing some better. You are so brave and continue to amaze me with your courage to just keep on going no matter what. God bless you!!!

Hugs

Janet