Thursday, February 7, 2013


Day 19: I created this of course, originally, for Christmas but looking at it six weeks later it means more to me than just something I created for Christmas. I gain strength from it and hope and faith that soon I will be able to walk again at least a few steps - without any help. So far, it's been a long journey for me. For someone as independent as I am it has been hell. And thank God for our Canadian Health Care Service, because without it I would have had to go into a respite or Hospital. At least I am home with my little kitty Arabella who is still appearing traumatized. She had not purred for 18 days since I fell but just started yesterday with a pathetic little purr. If I leave my bed, she is right by my feet, crying and looking at me. I cannot believe just how upset she is
 and what a great comfort she provides.

5 comments:

DogArtist said...

Aw, I am so glad Arabella is such a comfort. I know pets do that for us in all times of need or even sadness. She sounds sweet and from what I have seen she is a beauty too!
Keep getting better GF. We are all pulling for you. My stepfather is in the hospital now - not sure what he did when he fell yesterday. He will get good care too. That is nice to know and important.
hugs and love to you - keep getting better!! <3

CarolW said...

Hi honey,
I was so happy to read Apabella is beginning to purr, I know how worried you were about that and how much it means to you. She is a true friend and was just worried about you.
You are getting stronger, even if you don't notice it much and one day soon you will be taking two steps.
Love you dear, do rest.
Carol BFF

Anonymous said...

So excited to see that you felt well enough to comment on my page at SBG. I think of you often and pray for you to recover quickly.

Janet

Jeannette said...

That layout is so beautiful, I love the colors and the feel of it. It sometimes feel strange that the pages we make can have such a postive effect, that it can make you believe in yourself!

Hugs to you and to your dear Arabella all the way from the Netherlands!
xx Jeannette

Ferryl said...

So beautiful, enchanting, in fact!