Saturday, February 16, 2013

Any of us, when we don't feel well or are sick, we want to go home. I know I do. I want to go home so badly that it almost hurts. This song really says it all:

The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears
My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds
that rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies from a church on a breeze
to laugh like a brook when it trips and falls over stones on its way
To sing through the night like a lark who is learning to pray;
I go to the hills when my heart is lonely;
I know I will hear what I've heard before,
My heart will be blessed with the sound of music
And I'll sing once more ....

(my youngest used to watch 'The Sound of Music' every year at Christmas. She still does, now together with her little daughter. Almost a tradition!)

going home
at home, looking down the valley
 

6 comments:

CarolW said...

Beautiful scenery Sabina. I know the longing of wanting to go home but not to the extent you do, I really only have one home I long for, the one with Mom in it. Life is so sad.

Hope you are continuing to feel better, I think you are doing wonderfully well and much more quickly then it seems to you.

I think of you all the time and when I look at my journal stash I think I had better hurry up and decide what I am going to do with the first page or you will be ready to start and I'll still be wondering. Not really, I will try to keep up with you.

Much love dear friend, call when you are up to it.

DogArtist said...

I'm so sorry you are so down...when does it stop? You simply must be strong and heal and go forward again. It just makes me feel sad to read this...I know, you are trying. Thanks for sharing the view. Hugs and love

Balinda said...

That's one of my favorite movies. I would long for your home also with those beautiful views. Continuing to pray and send healing hugs your way my sweet friend.♥

Jeannette said...

Oooh, i love that song, must have seen that musical over a thousand times, cause I didn't read, but starting singing right away.
I've also watch it with my girls a few times and the love it too!!

Scrappie Irene said...

Sabina! I recognized that mountain in the background right away! I've seen it, it's close to Moggio Udinese! I even have photos of it myself! And in my Italy kit it's on paper 18, lol!
I wish we could meet each other there and eat a good Italian meal together in the restaurant we discovered there.

Scrappie Irene said...

Sabina! I recognized that mountain on your photo right away! It's close to Moggio Udinese!
You can find it on paper 18 in my Italy kit, lol!
Wish we could meet there someday and have a good Italian meal together in the restaurant we discovered there!
Hugs, Irene