Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 12 - three days after my last entry and I am smiling from ear to ear. My
Support Worker washed my hair today...and I feel so much cleaner. Well, washed
 it with cloth and water and plastic coverings over my mattress and bed, but she
 really deserves a medal. Nothing got soaked or messed and my hair is feeling all
 nice and shiny and clean. One step at a time. Literally.
 
Had a walker delivered this afternoon and when I say 'one step at a time', I really
 mean it. I am now able to sit on the edge of the bed for a very few minutes, mostly still supporting myself with my hands, but I am sitting. I can stand up with the help
 of the bedrail and holding on to the walker. But that's it. It seems impossible to lift
 the walker
and move it forward...and try a step. Instead I am practicing lifting my feet.
Unable to weight bear on the right hand side, the pain is still at a high threshold. (8).
So overall report: cannot lift myself off the mattress without assistance.
Am completely dependent on help with absolutely everything though I can feed
myself.
The pain, the disabilities cannot be compared to major hip replacement surgery and I had three of those. On Day One of hip surgery you walk to the washroom, you are mobile. (with cane or walker, but mobile nonetheless)......
Still, I am making progress - somewhat. And I am not in a fog so much because I try not to take those horrible oxycocets (narcotics).
 
Thank you everyone for your loving and supportive comments on my letter in
the gallery. It helps me look forward to coming back and finding my muse again.
I miss creating even as I am lying flat on my back. Maybe now is the time to
work on my 'Ticket to Venice' journal.


5 comments:

diane.ca said...

Slow but steady, nice to see you progressing in small steps.

DogArtist said...

I am glad to see you put in an entry. I have been checking...like you said, one step at a time. You will get there!
hugs and love

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that you are improving even if it is just slightly. I pray that each day you get a bit stronger and have less pain.

Hugs

Janet

CarolW said...

Hope you had a better day today honey, it will all come together one day, I'm sure it will feel longer then it is.

Thinking of you and wishing you painfree. Love you.

Carol

Jeannette said...

I'm so glad you are making progress, although I'm sure you feel it is taking far too long. Hang in there, a full recovery is most important now and taking care of yourself and giving yourself the time you need will only help!
Sending positive thoughts your way!
Hugs Jeannette