Saturday, November 17, 2012


the digital page below was inspired by a newspaper article written about me
back in 1980, long before I knew about digital art or scrapping. It shows me sitting on the front porch of my Port Dalhousie home which I was in the process of restoring. Built in 1856, it became a designated historical property. It means that any subsequent owners cannot alter the inside or outside of the original. When I later started writing a book about my life, I ran across these articles and wanted to create more with them than just another typewritten page.......

Here is what I wrote on the page:
My Memories of a Home that i loved
with a passion that I had never felt before about a 'place',
but this is where I found total peace after a life of wars, revolutions,
unrest and many many other places we had lived in....
I had finally found the HOME of MY DREAMS -
or so I thought -

on the right it says:

HOME is having some place to go.....
having someone to live with is family.
Having both is a blessing.
Where is home?
Home is where the heart can laugh
without shyness.
Home is where the heart's tears can dry
at their own pace.
A house is built with boards and beams,
A home is built with love and dreams.
A house is not a home
until you can write 'I love You' in
the dust of the furniture.
You don't choose your family.
They are God's gift to You
as you are to them.

 MY PLACE is my home.

This is me in the photo sitting on the porch, enjoying the ambience of 'OLD' surrounding me.....The photo at the top is a clipping from a newspaper article that was published about me. Lol. Another layout. Like I said, I have so much to write about..
 
  

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

I like seeing these again and it seems nicer because they are bigger?! Love the papers you used and of course your journaling :)