Sunday, November 25, 2012

 

my grandpa Eberhardt was an artist. He painted in oils and pastels. Until recently I had no idea how gifted he was because I have always understood from my mother's stories that he played the violin beautifully, but did not know about his passion for painting. How well I understand his passion. Maybe some of it got passed down to me.
 
my grandmother's diningroom
this page was inspired by the above photos....I am so fortunate to have his photo
because he died at age 59 due to cancer a few days before the end of
World War II. (the photos are from ca. 1944 and I purposely left them so. Didn't want to tamper with them.
 
my grandfather, the artist
 

4 comments:

coachman said...

Combining art, prose and biography is no easy thing. IMHO you have succeeded admirably in doing just that. Hoping to see more of the same in future.

DogArtist said...

Beautifully said and I love the page. How sad he passed so young too. It is nice to have these fond memories and documenting them here is a nice tribute as well! :)

diane.ca said...

What a nice tribute to your grandfather and how lucky you are to have not only the memories but also some of his art.

Sabina said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful support. It really is appreciated.