Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I am so proud of myself.....I took one of my scrap albums and had my husband cut it down to a more reasonable size i.e. instead of the 14" x 12 1/2" it is now 10 x 10 3/4 inches. It's amazing what difference the size makes. Then I covered it with a light linen fabric and wrapped the fabric around the spine but left the edge frayed.
 
 
 not sure what I want to use the journal for, so I kind of kept it casual yet with a
touch of romance...



 


sorry, the background really not flattering but now that I uploaded it, it will have to do. Lol. Maybe I take a different shot with a plain background. But well, you get the idea no doubt. I plan on adding tons of pages, of course, so I just added a strip of
muslin - in case I have to tie it to keep it together.......you never know and I might really get busy with a hybrid project instead of using my beloved digital software and my computer.
 


I am not sure if I want to keep the binder clip like this, but I am still experimenting....so that's it for now. Can't wait to start using my paints and dies and stencils to work on some kind of REAL page....Who knows, I might even LOVE it....
I certainly had fun working on the cover to the point that I am planning another bookcover for a different theme.

2 comments:

DogArtist said...

OK! Way to go on this. Fabulous look. I think you did a wonderful job in getting it to a size you like. Yes, you will end up loving it!! :D

Sharon Altschul said...

Sabina, you never slow down, do you? I love your initiative and willingness to try something different. I am stuck in Photoshop and I don't plan on coming out! I like your fabric and the vintage collection on the front. Now, I wonder what you will put in your new album. Surely not purely digital designs!!!