Monday, November 5, 2012

Creating a layout goes beyond the doodles and the swirls.
It's a way to express the thoughts I had when I was a little girl.
Each of the items on a page were chosen with the utmost care.
Every paper and every element has a reason for being there.
It's not about how the page will look filled with flowers, doodles, bees
or butterflies, but how well I have been able to recreate all my memories or
in the case below, my feelings or thoughts.
We don't celebrate halloween in some of the European countries and the layout
below reflects the questions I have. Just think of all the money that was spent this
year on unnecessary junk food for halloween alone and yet there are thousands
of people homeless or coping with some other disaster....it just boggles the mind.

2 comments:

Balinda said...

You warm my heart by visiting my blog. How do you stay so focused. I swear I have ADD sometimes..maybe that's where my DD gets it from..LOL! I detest buying tons of candy. That's one of the reasons we do our Halloween aka Fall Festival at church. It's great fellowship and the fun comes in dressing up in non-scary costumes. I so adore and applaud your page because it's a great statement of feelings and convictions.♥

DogArtist said...

I remember this page too!! I suppose money is wasted everywhere on things. And I guess you would have to have grown up with the tradition to understand it or rather to appreciate it? In reality - the cost of the candy is very minimal. There are usually special packages with sale pricing...we didn't even get any trick-or-treaters this year because of the weather.

All in all the holiday is a fun one and face it, people need that sometimes!
ooxooxoo