Friday, October 26, 2012

this really says it all. I am sure we all live with regrets. I most certainly do and in spite of what good advice, books and articles say that you need to forgive yourself, it is a lot of 'intellectual nonsense' - the regrets stay with you for the rest of your life. It does not mean that you need to walk around with a long face and be depressed, it simply tells you that you could or should have done better. I know I did not let this happen with my mother and can say without any doubt: "I have done my very best'.....
 
I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say
Say it loud, say it clear
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late when we die
To admit we don't see eye to eye.....
 
(lyrics from the song: In the Living Years with
Mike and the Mechanics)




 
 

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

Beautifully put and such nice scrapbook pages!! Love all the photo-stuff elements too :)