Wednesday, October 31, 2012

my oh my oh my.....I am just rambling here....
I took these photos today for a dear friend Diane who has inspired me to get back into working on my journals. This one was started some three years ago. Back then I wanted a coffee table journal to hold some of my digital art pages Now my vision has changed. Sooooo, am I going to take a saw and cute it down to a size that I might like better? I have to think about it because not only do I have this one journal, oh nooo,
I have seven. Yes, SEVEN plus various notebook journals that were the rage then and inspired by Tangie. Those are less important though because they have lined paper and I decided I don't like lined paper. I want the real thing......lol.
 
 
....Little did I realize that such a big book would turn out to get too big - it feels like a ton of bricks when you lift it even now and I haven't even started yet. Anyway, they were started....and I put a lot of hours into it because I had a 'vision' then.

(double click to enlarge)

 
One thing is sure: I need to change the back cover.....it's positively revolting....what was I thinking? really....

 
And no, the journal is FAR from finished. It still needs lots of ribbons, papers, artwork, embellishments and fancy things on the cover though I want to keep it classic. (not classy - I dislike that word, it's been used too often for too much).....anyway, what you see here is not the finished product but a very very rough idea of what I am aiming at. I will work on it soon and upload the new look as I go along.......
grrrrr, I definitely need to change the back cover.....what was I thinking???? Ok, I am repeating myself. Just pure shock.
 
 

3 comments:

diane.ca said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. The journal is you at the time it was made and express what you were thinking and feeling. Treasure it, it's a heirloom.

DogArtist said...

I sort of think Diane has a good point. I have older albums too and yes- they are so heavy! But...it was what I was doing at the time. I also think it is so nice to be able to flip through the digital work we have done. Sometimes having everything in the computer or on the iPad is restricting. Love the entry here :)

Balinda said...

I have to agree with what diane says. But at the same time...you have the photos that show that moment in time and I say fling painty and artsy bits with wild abandon and change it to reflect the "now" you. Beautiful peek into your pages.