Tuesday, October 16, 2012

a total remake of a page I created a few years ago for my heritage book. My grandparents' house was bombed and totally destroyed here for the first time. A few months later their new home was razed to the ground too. And my grandfather died a few weeks later from cancer of the kidney. Such is fate.
The arrow indicates where we lived for a while - in a cellar of rough bricks, no
drywalls or finishing as they do here in Canada, just the rough foundation walls
with dirt flooring. There was no water and very little food....
 
Perhaps my experience as a child has left me with an understanding and great desire to help hunger. Until you have experienced hunger you really don't know what it is all about. Fear and hunger. The fear of bombs that dropped around me whilst my mother dragged me out of my cot into a shelter and me begging strangers on the street to help (of course they were busy running to a shelter themselves).....but this fear has stayed with me all of my life and if something scares me I am still unable to move. It paralizes me for those moments.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

Wonderful pages and I love the re-do. Isn't it just fantastic that we can create such awesome images with what is offered out there!? It really boosts our own photos. Nice :)