Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We fell in love with Anghiari. I am not sure which tiny street we used to actually drive down but I remember that it was very steep and I was freaking out.....but oh, what a delight to drop the car and just walk around - and unlike Napoli, some streets had steps that were actually comfortable to use.....Most windows are shuttered and it really makes you want to peek inside and want to to know more.....I have seen much of the world but it is rare to find such charme and beauty anywhere....other than Italy. The walls alone - just imagine the age: hundreds of years, back to the Middle Ages, and you can actually touch them......and of course the color of those old bricks and mortar adds to it all.....

 

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

Very nice commentary and I always love seeing photos with this POV too. Who doesn't like old cities and charming settings as these!? Wonderful...Nice to see them here Sabina!!