Wednesday, September 5, 2012



 
Last night I went into some of my favorites for music and listened once again to Elvis Presley singing 'Amazing Grace'......a hymn that I have loved since I lived in England. When I leave this earth, I hope it will be with music because nothing moves me more than good music. Music is like oxygen to me, I need it when I am happy, when I am sad, when I need peace and when I want to dance around. Usually dancing is either with my husband at some official function or with my big teddibear around the rooms at home. Music makes me open my arms wide as if I am reaching for the universe, I want to touch the untouchable and I want to sing.....and it makes me cry with tears running down my face....
I inherited this love from my grandfather who was a great singer, (see the digi page below), my father who was always listening to his radio - and he had a radio and later a record player in all of the rooms in their house, (so he could switch channels) - but also it was planted in me by my High School where I played the clarinette.

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

Oh what a wonderful thought!
I am not an Elvis fan...lol..but I get it. Actually, I have Andrea Bocelli's version - and recorded him live, singing it. I can understand your passion for it totally! Love how you have illustrated this feeling in your page here!