Thursday, September 13, 2012

La Montagna


Into 'la montagna', the blessed mountains where my husband's family has had a home for many many years....it takes about two hours driving from Trieste but oh, the time flies - there is so much beauty, so much peace and serenity. We love it, both of us for different reasons: my husband spent a lot of his childhood here and I love it because I spent a lot of my time on the other side of the alps, (the German and Austrian side) skiing and holidays. It reminds me of home even though I grew up far away from the mountains. It has memories of my father who loved driving up the narrow steep roads even in the middle of winter when there were very often blocked and we had to somehow find room to turn around or worse, if you encounter a truck and there is no room for both of us......he loved the challenges. I have to admit, that the heights were too intimidating and I am not sure if I would want to drive a car there myself.
view into the valley

2 comments:

DogArtist said...

Nicely put and I am pleasantly surprised to see you posting photos! Love what you are saying too...

Maja said...

Grazie per la visita del mio blog!

Buona domenica e buona settimana amica mia!

P.S. Macius è il primo figlio di mia cugina. Ad agosto le è nata la secona - Maja :)