Monday, September 3, 2012

  • Her name is Arabella and she is a Burmilla. Not a Birmilla or Burmese. Burmillas are a special breed known for their intelligence and affection, more so than other cat. She is now six years old but still behaves like a little kitty. Her personality is simply amazing, very intelligent and very talkative. She is also very aware of me. Wherever I am, she is. She is my shadow. If I am at the computer, she will settle down in her little fur basket, but when I get up she gets up and follows me. When I turn my head to look at her, she makes a small mewing sound to let me know that she knows I am looking at her.
  • We are very close and it's hard to tell if she thinks I am her mummy or she is mine but it all started when I brought her home six years ago and discovered that she was very ill. She had giardia - an illness that normally kills little kitties. But I was already in love with her and determined to do my utmost for my little angel. For two years I took her to the vet, had tests done and administered daily medications, but to eliminate giardia from her body, I had to make sure that she would not re-infect herself with it each time when she used the litterbox. So day and night, no matter what time, I would be listening to her and make sure she was clean with no trace left of the bacteria, even if it meant having a bath at 2 a.m. in the morning. She knew the routine and would jump up on the sink, looking at me and purring. To get some food into her, I would have to put a little morsel on my finger and then she would eat it.  I sometimes wonder if she really wanted to convey that she was grateful or that she knew.....

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

And she is so pretty and has such an intelligent look to her! I love hearing about both your devotion to each other. It is one of those things that just make life wonderful!