Saturday, August 11, 2012


one of the pages that were published in a magazine called 'Somerset Memories'.....I am still working on a heritage book of my family for the archives in Germany, especially a small city called 'Duelmen' where I received great help in researching my paternal roots. I started all this well over 40 years ago, albeit slowly because in those days we did not have computers and everything was done by mail, contacting museums, archives etc. And Germany is rather reluctant to take genealogy seriously. I guess it goes back to when you had to prove that you had no jewish blood in you. Grrrrrrr.
 

1 comment:

DogArtist said...

Love seeing this too! It is a pleasure to have pages published and I know it makes you proud too - I know I enjoy seeing mine in publications. Sort of brings them to a different audience! This one is perfect with the old photo and lorie is such a fantstic digital artist! I love her stuff as well! :)