Tuesday, August 21, 2012

mathematics

so I went for a French vanilla coffee yesterday and a biscuit. Came to $2.41......
I only had a $20 bill.....and then I found 50 cents. Gave it both to the girl. She stared....looked at the cash register, rubbed the coins together, held the banknote, stared some more and then she called the supervisor, and the dear girl stared the same way: vacant.
Then I lost it and took the 50 cents back, assuming from there on it would be easy. Not so. I had to figure it out for her.
Welcome to the tech world. Maybe it's time we start using our brains again.



3 comments:

DogArtist said...

LOL...I love what you have done here! It is so true....we all depend on our devices for everything. I am very strongly considering getting rid of my land line phone! Why have it?? But I can still count out change...hahaha

diane.ca said...

So true, but I have gotten rid of my land line phone (at the cottage) and like Amy I can still count.

diane.ca said...

So true, but I have gotten rid of my land line phone (at the cottage) and like Amy I can still count.