Friday, August 10, 2012


a sparrow.....a tiny little bird that has never been called beautiful nor is he known
for his song. He reminds me of simplicity and humility. Humble beginnings.
I started using him many years ago when customers were asking to have my work
signed. It really all started with one of those nice paper shopping bags with tissue
paper peeking out. Even the bags carried my Signature. Now I carry on the theme
with the little sparrow. If you look carefully, all of my pages have a tiny little sparrow
sitting somewhere. He is not part of the artwork but instead part of my signature. No shadow work on him but just blended into the work in an unobtrusive way. (I rarely forget to add him but when i do, I am usually reminded by one of my artist friends, lol.)

3 comments:

DogArtist said...

Love what you have done with this little bird! I have too many sparrows here...they wait for me at the door, for crumbs. Very cute though. Glad to see you blogging!

diane.ca said...

I love the idea of a little symbol that you hide in your art work. I'll be sure to look for it on each page. And maybe even copy the idea ;-)

beej said...

I must look like that sparrow,,we both have had humble beginnings.
But I have good and wonderful friends who know now that Iam still humble.
Thank you Sabina for reminding of this thought