Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, dear Grandmother

it was my grandmother's birthday a few days ago. Her birthday is two days before mine and I bought a single rose and placed it on one of her tablecloths that she had given to me years ago. The edges are beautifully finished with a wide crocheted border
and her maiden initials are in one of the corners. My grandmother taught me all there is
to know about knitting and crocheting and so much else. She has been a huge influence throughout my life, always reminding me to remain a 'lady' - no matter what. Though I have to admit I have not always been successful when being in the throws of a bad temper.......lol.



3 comments:

DogArtist said...

Can you hear me laughing? You? Throw a fit? LOL
What a nice sentiment this is - and happy birthday albeit a day late! Grrr...

diane.ca said...

Happy birthday dear friend. I hope this new year will be a healthy and happy one for you.

priss (Laura) said...

I'm so sorry I didn't know about your birthday sweetie I hope you had a great day and you could feel the love of the many many people that admire and love you so much. and how touching of you to keep in mind your grandmother's b-dsy, so incredibly sweet...